Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Two Days in Sevilla

We were in Sevilla Saturday-Monday.  We got a really nice apartment on booking.com for super cheap.  It was a 30 second walk to the Cathedral - such a good location!

Saturday we got a paddle boat and went along the river for an hour.  After this summer, I want to have a paddle boat and a river near me at all times.



Saturday night was saw a flamenco dance at a local bar.  It was a lot different than what I expected, but I liked it because it was obvious it was the real deal in Sevilla.



Sunday we explored the city, including the Alcazar Gardens.
 


Sunday night we saw a bull fight...and I got teary-eyed after the first bull.  I (think) I'm glad I went because bull fighting is such a part of the culture, but it was really rough to watch.  I think I had my eyes closed at least half of the time.  We left early...


Aly and I sad watching.

After the bull fight, we headed to Hotel Eme, a high-end hotel with a cool roof-top terrace that looks over the Castle.

Monday we walked to the Plaza de España before we took off for the airport.

I have loved everywhere I've been!  I'm glad I'm seeing the smaller towns in Spain because I don't know if I would travel back to Europe just to see the small towns no one really talks about.  This upcoming weekend I am staying in Barcelona for the San Juan Festival!  I'll be sure to post all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment